Tuesday, May 13, 2008

"There can be only two."

For anyone that has not read the header, or is new to this blog, the whole reason I am training for Ironman is to try and qualify for a slot at Kona 2008 as part of the Cadence Kona Challenge. Before I can qualify for Kona I must first be selected as one of the 2 Cadence Kona Challenge finalists to race at Ironman USA, Lake Placid.

The 2 finalists will be selected by a public vote that is being hosted by Triathlete Magazine and the vote is now open. So forget Obama and Hilary and exercise your right to vote by emailing triathlete magazine at triathletemagcontest@gmail.com, with my name (PEARSON) and the name of one other of the finalists who you would like to see compete for the chance to qualify for Kona. If you do not know the other finalists please follow the link to the 'tracking the Cadence Kona Challenge' where you will find the other 5 finalists blogs. Voting will close on the 15th June 08.

Thanks to anyone who votes for me and although I feel very lucky to have come so far on this adventure I do not want it to end. If I win the vote I look forward to continuing to share with you the trials and tribulations of Ironman training and the opportunity to put it all into practice at Ironman USA.

3 comments:

Chris Wren said...

I came. I saw. I tried to vote.

The vote link takes me to the Cox Webmail website. Whatup???

I'm hoping I will be allowed to vote for only one; don't want to support the other contenders.

Hope to see you soon.

Chris

James said...

Thanks for the heads up Chris. It should now be all sorted.

Perhaps if you vote for me twice they will make me race IMLP twice and that would not be good.

-EW said...

hey CHRIS--please support me too!!! :( the "other" contenders are working really hard too! :)