Thursday, August 7, 2008

My finishers video clip

This video clip cost me $15 and to be honest it is terrible.

The only good thing about it is that it features one of my friends, Sebastian, in his Team Z kit in the general montage footage (45 sec, far right hand side, green top, red visor and sunglasses??).

The actual video of me crossing the line is awful and you cannot see my face. My body language makes me look as if I couldn't give a damn when actually there is a huge grin on my face - honestly.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

James; I see you point about that video. In hindsight you would not have paid $15 for it, but I think that in years to come it will 'get better.' It shows the conditions we had and does show your finish, which is pretty cool. I didn't get a video and after seeing yours I'm a little envious. Something for the grandkids and you when you're toothless and confined to your trainer because they can't trust you to be out on the roads any more.

~ A 12:20 competitor

James said...

12:20,

Congrats on your IMLP finish and thanks for the comment - totally agree.

Mary Lou said...

hey James! ... I agree on the finishers video - mine stinks too - actually I'm sure everyones does, unless they happened to be looking up and smiling - it was a terrible camera angle ... I hate to say it, but I actualy liked the video Warren from my tri club (at least I think it was him) took of the finishing camera up on the scoreboard - I think that's what was broadcast on Ironman Live (I wish there was a way to see that actual video - rather than a tape of the scoreboard feed).

But whatever - as your previous poster said, it'll definitely get better with time! :-)

hope you all are well - and getting ready for IM UK!!